Advanced Certification Review: The Language of SAS
The Advanced Certification Review is useful to refresh the minds of those who have undergone Newtyne's Macros, PROC SQL and Advanced Programming training courses (or their equivalents) but do not use all of these advanced certification topics on a day-to-day basis. Importantly, when new software versions bring additional functions and features we ensure seasoned programmers become fully aware of them. Newtyne's experienced trainers will close gaps in knowledge and provide a great chance of attaining certification.
WHAT YOU'LL BE TAUGHT...
PROC SQL Subqueries
- Non-Correlated Subqueries
- Correlated Subqueries
Joining Data Sets Horizontally with PROC SQL
- INNER JOIN and OUTER JOIN
- COALESCE Function
- Table Aliases
- In-Line Views
Joining Data Sets Vertically with PROC SQL
- EXCEPT Rule
- INTERSECT Rule
- UNION Rule
- OUTER UNION Rule
Managing Tables with PROC SQL
- UPDATE Statement
- DELETE Statement
- ALTER Statement
- DROP Statement
- Creating an Index
- Character Manipulation Functions
- Numeric and Boolean Logic Functions
- DATA Step Functions in the Macro Processor
- Compile and Call a Macro Program
- Autocall Macro Programs
- Macro Program Parameters - Positional, Keyword, Combined
Global and Local Symbol Tables
- Creating & Updating Macro Variables
- Resolving Macro Variables
Data Set Pages and I/O Processing
- Attributes of Data Set Pages
- Efficiency Savings with I/O
Numeric Data Storage and Compressing Data Sets
- Reduced Length Numeric Variables
- Attributes of Compressed Data Sets
- Comparing Compression Algorithms
Arrays as Lookup Tables
- One-Dimensional Arrays
- DIM Function
Hash Objects as Lookup Table
- DATA Step Hash Objects
- The FIND Method
- The CALL MISSING Routine
- Chained Lookups
- HITER Objects
The Newtyne Advanced Certification Review course also includes:
- Instructor-led Training.
- Practice Exam.
- Free-format Q & A Session.
- Formal SAS Certification Exam
WHAT YOU SHOULD ALREADY KNOW...
To get the most out of this course, it is is vital that you already have:
- an in-depth knowledge of DATA step functions and programming syntax to generate efficient code
- the ability to generate and interpret queries using the SQL procedure
- experience of creating macro variables and macro programs using the Macro Processing facility
Delegates must previously have passed the SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9 certification. If not, you should consider completing Newtyne's three-day Base Certification Review course.
On the afternoon of the fourth day, the Newtyne Instructor will accompany the delegates to an independent testing centre where they will sit the SAS Certified Advanced Programmer for SAS 9 exam. Newtyne course fees include the cost of the certification exam.